Thursday, February 5, 2015

02/05/15 | A Ring Story

Last year Brendan gave me the most beautiful ring for my birthday. (Pictured below) It was a beautiful Opal stone heart shaped beauty. I have kind of a bad history with rings. I have lost one,dropped one down a drain,and broke one in half. I know. I'm awful. I wish I could tell you that I am secretly a spy who jumps over cars and sky dives out of planes,but the truth is I just have a jinx on me when it comes to rings. When he gave me this ring,I was determined to take excellent care of it. I cleaned it,put in a box at night. I didn't wear it to clean or do anything where I might lose or damage it.

A couple of months ago,I was going out to feed the horse(in the dark) and I had my ring on. Well in case you didn't know hands shrink in the winter time,so my ring was a tad loser than usual. I went back inside to finish cleaning up and I noticed my ring wasn't on my finger. "Stay calm." I kept saying,"You probably just dropped it one the floor." So I began to frantically calmly search the floor. When I didn't find it anywhere in my room,I started freaking out BIG TIME. My brother was the only one home at the time,and he got to witness me go maniac-nut case for about an hour,tearing everything apart. I ran outside with a flash light and started digging through the horses hay and food. The poor dear. We were both riled up by the time I went back inside. As you can probably figure,I never found my little ring. I called Bren and told him in tears. He was trying to tell me that it was OK and not to cry,that it was just a ring. He was a perfect sweetheart about it but I was so broken hearted. 

I felt so horrible about losing it and I missed it so much. I wanted to cry every time I looked down at my hand. 
Saturday,Brendan gave me another…..and I think that it is the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. 
I can't believe how sweet he is. Don't worry. I am taking every precaution with this ring. I will NOT lose this one!
~Emily


1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! : ) That is a really pretty ring.

    ReplyDelete