Tuesday, February 3, 2015

02/03/15 | Freelensing

Have you heard of freelensing? 
I saw the technique online and decided to try this exciting,terrifying new trend. 
It sounds really crazy,but I love the affect it gives the photograph. I shot with my 50mm f 1/.8 lens. I set my lens to manual focus.(Auto won't work with your lens off the camera.) I detached my lens,but still held it closely to my cameras body. NOTE:Taking your lens off your camera opens it up to dust. It is something to think about before trying this. I kept my lens pretty close to my camera's body,so I didn't expose it too much. I moved the lens around while I was shooting,adjusting the focus here and there. With the lens off,more light gets into the photo. I had to lower my ISO when shooting freelens. This was only my first attempt and I am nooo expert! If you want to try this for yourself,check out this tutorial. They are really helpful! Below is some photographs from my first try. I have some before and afters to show you how dreamy this style makes the photo look!
(Below:Before freelensing)
(After freelensing)
(Below:Before freelensing)
(After freelensing)
(Below:Before Freelensing)
(After freelensing)
Isn't the affect incredible!? It gives this hazy,filmy look that I just adore. I will definitely be trying this again soon,hopefully with a model. So what do you think? Is this something you would try?
~Emily

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is so cool! Your photographs turned out great :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is awesome!! Freelensing gives a dreamy affect to all of your photos, I especially love the bird's nest! :)

    ReplyDelete