Tuesday, January 27, 2015

01/27/15 | Winter blues

I mentioned in a previous post that I am growing weary of winter. I am longing for spring with a passion! Don't get me wrong,I do love winter. I love all seasons. I love that I live in a state that gets to enjoy all four seasons. I am however a very cold natured gal! I have been aching to do a photo shoot outside,or go for a nice long walk,without a sweater! Since we must endure another month or two of winter,I thought I would share some tips for fighting the winter blues!

1-Warm Drinks
Especially in the mornings and late evenings I find a warm mug of coffee or hot tea to be very cozy. It relaxes me,and warms my cold self up! If you don't drink coffee or tea,hot coco is the next best thing!

2-Cozy Sweaters
I have a huge stash of sweaters in my closet! It could probably be labeled as unhealthy,the number of sweaters that I have. If you are cold natured like me,it is definitely a good idea to hit up your local Goodwill for some oversize knits!

3-Find a Show
Being stuck in the house a lot,I know that we should try not to watch too much TV. When I am working on photos,or blogging,etc,I enjoy having a favorite TV show playing in the background. I Love Lucy is my usual. I don't really watch the new shows on TV now days,although I really enjoy cooking shows.

4-Read
I made a goal to write out a reading list at the beginning of each month. Reading is such a welcome distraction. When you're feeling restless,maybe it is the perfect time to start that series that has been sitting on your bookshelf for six months!

5-Bake
I love baking. Cookies,pies,cakes,doughnuts,it really doesn't make a difference to me as long as its delicious! 

I hope these tips help you fight off your winter blues! If you have any tips yourself,feel free to comment!

~Emily

3 comments:

  1. you're so cute. and that mirror. holy cow! it's perfection.
    i adore old tv shows and movies-- it's one of the best ways to past long winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish western Washington would make up its mind! Winter or spring. lol Okay I am so annoyed, IDK why but every time I try to comment on your blog under my Google it won't publish! :P I really have been commenting on almost everything! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahh! It worked! idk what I did different. lol

    ReplyDelete