Sunday, January 25, 2015

01/25/15 | I'M NINETEEN


Today is my nineteenth birthday. And so begins my last year of being a "teenager." Last night my family took me out to eat at Cracker Barrel. (hallelujah chorus) We had the sweetest waitress ever. When she found out it was my birthday,she looked at me and asked how old I was turning. When I told her nineteen she sighed and said,"That is such a good age. I wish I could go back to 19." As a matter of fact,quite a few people have told me that nineteen is a good age. I suppose any age is a good age if you are…as a man told me the other day,"On this side of the grass." Nineteen feels special,different. Not that I feel different,but just the age itself. It seems fresh. To have your whole life ahead of you. There are so many new seasons to reach. So many new adventures to take. I am not sad to be growing up,maybe just a little bit weirded out. I am excited to go forward. I am excited to see where life takes me. In the past couple of days I have thought a lot about being nineteen,and I really want to just enjoy it. I want to savor every minute of being nineteen,and not wish it away to be twenty. It is indeed a good age.

19,you're looking pretty good to me!

2 comments: