Tuesday, January 20, 2015

01/20/15 | Fields of Gold

There is a sea of gold stretching out for miles in front of me. There is nothing to hold me back as I walk across this beautiful plain. Life is so messy,so unorganized,and yet so beautiful. I cry a little too often. I question things. I turn myself inside out,trying to decipher my feelings. Walking here,I forget all of that. I forget the deadlines. I forget the pressure of real life and the damage that time has done. I can see only the fields of gold. I can feel it's gentle rustle against my skin,and the wind whipping through my hair. It is here that I remember that everything is going to be fine. God is faithful. Life is good. There are good things that lie ahead. It is here that my soul finds rest,among the fields of gold.

~Emily

(Poetic Fiction)

No comments:

Post a Comment