Monday, January 12, 2015

01/12/15 | Abandoned



I took an adventure today,trying to break out of my comfortable routine.

Out where I live,there are more than a few abandoned houses. Houses just left to the hands of time. Forgotten,and left for the earth to claim. I drove through the country side in search of some of these gems to photograph. I had discovered this one before,but I had not stopped to take a picture. I am a little nervous about stopping on someone else's property,especially when I am alone. But this house was just calling me,in all it's eerie glory. It rained today,so a haunting calmness surrounded the property. The house is almost hidden behind the most beautiful,twisting trees I've ever seen. I wish I had investigated the grounds a little more,but I will definitely be back to this little forgotten place.

I am saddened,but also so intrigued by these abandoned abodes. What secrets do they hold? What stories could they tell us? I wonder who lived behind those windows. I wonder if there was once great dreams that rested behind those walls. I wonder at the love that may have sat around that table. Once footsteps ran down those hallways. Once candles burned in those windows. This was once someone's castle. This was a place where their dreams were born. This was once someone's life.

If we only had the key. To the house,and the memories.

(Another beauty of a place.)

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment